We are already working on COVID-19 since January 2020, at the time of our kick-off meeting in Brussels related to our European project DIAMONDS on infectious diseases.
Our web-site is open since already a few months: GEN-COVID. Please, visit it and have a look at the different areas we are working with on COVID-19. A brief summary:
OMICS on the host:
- Genomics. Genetic markers of susceptibility and prognosis of COVID-19 infection
- Transcriptomics. Local and systemic transcriptomic signatures that allow the accurate differential diagnosis of COVID-19 infection at different timepoints of infection, as well as establish prognostic markers for its natural history. Differential expression patterns in different host samples
- Epigenomics. Understanding the role of epigenomics in COVI-19
- Proteomics. Patterns in different host samples and at different stages of the infection
Inmunology. Soluble biomarkers related to the immune system that allow us to characterize and predictthe immune response to COVID-19
OMICS on the pathogene. Understanding genome variation of CoV-2
CRISPR experiments on diagnosis and detection of the pathogene
Our preliminary publications in COVID-19
- Gómez-Rial J, Curras-Tuala MJ, Rivero-Calle I, Gómez-Carballa A, Cebey-López M, Rodriguez-Tenreiro C, Dacosta-Urbieta A, Rivero-Velasco C, Rodriguez-Nunez N, Trastoy-Pena R, Rodriguez-Garcia J, Salas A, Martinón-Torres F (2020) Increased serum levels of sCD14 and sCD163 indicate a preponderant role for monocytes in COVID-19 immunopathology. medRxiv
- Antonio Salas - reportaje Fundación QUAES: "SARS-CoV-2 y el gran experimento global"
Applying to European calls
We are now waiting for the resolution of two European calls on covid-19
We are partners with our GEN-COVID project in the macro-project COVID19hg (see partners here: https://www.covid19hg.org/partners/).
Agreements with the industry
Also running some collaboration and agreement with the industry. More information hopefully soon!!
GenPoB on the news in regards to COVID-19
- Los gemelos: una posible respuesta genética al coronavirus. Click
- Trazan el árbol genealógico del virus con todos sus «descendientes» por el mundo. Click (if you do not have access try here)
- On the radio - CRTVG: go to min 19
NEWS!! In regards to our article:The impact of super-spreaders in COVID-19: mapping genome variation worldwide
See metric to our article here
- Ebiotec - Eurospes Biotecnologia S.A.
Other related interviews
La Voz de Galicia (2 October, 2020): La herencia genética de los neandertales influye en la mayor gravedad del covid-19
Los Angeles Times (1st October, 2020): A mini-interview by Shashank Bengali in regards to a paper in Science on super-spreaders in India nicely covered by Shashank: "Largest study of COVID-19 transmission highlights essential role of super-spreaders"